After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Radiohead in Berkeley and other meltdowns...

Geez, the point of this whole blog is to talk about my time in Humboldt. Anyway....

I didn't have the meltdown, but I should've. Let me first off say that "The Greek" on Berkley's campus is without a doubt the best place I have ever seen a concert!! 1/3 the size of the Hollywood Bowl or Shoreline, there literally isn't a bad seat in the house! I had gotten tickets for Radiohead two months ago, and well, clearly I have been spoiled going to concerts because if I had looked closer at the ticket I would've realized that it was "General Admission", I hardly look at the ticket when getting them (Hence, The Simon & Garfunkel mess, a blog for another day.) Anyway, we got there 4 hours early and the line to get in was already a mess.

But before we get to that let's talk about parking! I don't think the census bureau has a list of "Best cities for parking" because there aren't any! Berkley is no different. It took nearly an hour to find a spot. Then the whole standing in line. Which was funny because the cops and security came about 45 min before they were going to let us in and tried to move the lines around (some mess about how we were blocking a fire lane or something). But still, it was Radiohead!

This was my 5th Radiohead show. Like the Beatles, I can listen to there albums and never get sick of them. Show started off good, the did a lot of new stuff (they only touched on two songs from "The Bends", a tad of the OK Computer, nothing from Pablo Honey). It was a weird night because the fog kept entering the theater, where even Thom had to make a quick comment about it. Anyway, during the show, for whatever reason, the lead guitarist Jonny Greenwood left the stage, and Thom freaked! He kept yelling "NOW! NOW!" and pointing his finger to the ground as if he was calling on his dog who just peepeed on his new car! It was hilarious! The crowd dug it though. The show was stellar though.

Set List, for those curious (and if memory is correct)

01 You And Whose Army
02 The National Anthem
03 15 Step
04 Morning Bell
05 Exit Music
06 Arpeggi
07 Videotape
08 I Might Be Wrong
09 Street Spirit
10 Nude
11 Down Is The New Up
12 Pyramid Song
13 Like Spinning Plates
14 Bangers 'N Mash
15 There There
16 Spooks
17 Idioteque
18 A Wolf At The Door
19 4 Minute Warning
20 Bones
21 Lucky
22 House of Cards
23 Everything In Its Right Place

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home