After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Monday, July 03, 2006

I should just be a season ticket holder.

Of the many new friends I've made here one of my closest ones is "V". V is a genius, she is in Pittsburgh right now doing research on Colon Cancer. Anyway, the schedule for the performers coming to HSU is out, and I must say even I'm impressed with some of the people coming up here to Hempboldt (James Brown, Maya Angelou, Bill Cosby, Jane Goodall...to name a few). V has become my concert buddy. However, she wants to see all these shows. Ah yes, so do I. I'd also like the Beatles to reunite, but I don't see that happening.
V, who is a good ten years younger then me, is getting ready to go out with her scientist friends and get shit-faced "Da Burgh" style (Lord only knows what that means). In fact, I wonder if a bunch of drunk scientist and smarty college kids will try to see who is smarter. Sort of like in Good Will Hunting when Will and Clark have the big quote contest, with Will telling Clark how he "like them apples." Ahhh, I miss my friends.

UPDATE: At 10:45pm my time, 1:45 am East coast. V drunk called me. I guess she had enjoyed 151 and Whisky Sours at a "Nerd Frat" party. When she calls sober, I must ask her what a "Nerd Frat" is, or at least what makes it a "Nerd Frat"?....besides the obvious.



I am of old and young, of the foolish as much as the wise, Regardless of others, ever regardful of others, Maternal as well as paternal, a child as well as a man, Stuff'd with the stuff that is coarse and stuff'd with the stuff that is fine. ~W. Whitman

1 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

I'm pretty sure a Nerd Frat is a frat for smart kids. Which doesn't mean that they drink any less, just that they slip a little studying into the mix as well.

10:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home