After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"I'm suspicious for being so old?"

I was talking to a friend who sister is going to start coming to school here next year. My friend is 20 years old, and her sister is 17, and to remind ya'll I'm 35. I was just told by my friend that her sister is suspicious of me because I'm "Sooooooo old!" Wow! I've had jokes about it before, but this is the first real strike against my age. It does occur to me that I'm twice as old as the little sister.

Which gets me thinking that my two friends, J and J, who had a baby last year. When the baby is my age, I'll be 70!

I get a kick out of people who figure out how old I am. It's sort of like my first brush with discrimination (but not really). I have told my friend that before I meet the sister I need to get a walker, and a pair of fake teeth and really play up my age. Maybe do some of my cheesey "When I was your age..." stuff.

*Would do quote from an certain "suspicious" Elvis song, but I think we all see that coming.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home