After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

My vicariously crazy summer aka The Halfway Point

I'm thinking I should've started these blogs in August. Summer in a college town is quite dull. I just went through my emails, and hearing about other people summers. It isn't that I can't find anything to do, it's finding someone to do things with. The 3-4 people I know up here, are here because they are working full time or have spouses here and can't just pick up and go. I just have to keep telling myself I'll graduate next Spring, and I had to go to summer school to assure that! The more classes I take now the less I worry about in the fall.

I bring it up because a friend just reminded me of a bachlor party going on this weekend in Vegas. I have done a bachlor party in vegas once in my life already, and let me tell you they are not pretty! If anything they are quite expensive, and usually no one will have that "dream experience" we might think we'll get from watching that episode of the O.C. too many times. These guys, that are going to Vegas, are staying at Hard Rock Hotel. Ok, even as a man in his 30's, although in college, I know that there is fun and there is silly. These guys staying at a hotel where "The hot gals" hang out" is silly. I can already see most of them blowing money at a go-go bar because some dancer said "You are so cute!" *blech!* Also, with the number of friends going, someone will be left behind. Count on it.

Some advice for bachlor parties in Vegas. Just take your 3-4 closest friends and go gamble. If you're going to blow money, at least think you might when it back! I plan on revisting this topic next Tuesday to see how true I am when I get the details on what happened.

"Where oh where are you tonight?
Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the world over and I thought I'd found true love.
But you met another and PTHHP! you was gone." ~Dedicated to those getting the sand out of their eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home