After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

You know the town is starting to fill up again when...

...people who work at the local coffee shops are walking around with day old paistries for people with munchies.

As my apartment building begins to fill up you can already hear the sounds of Jack Daniels mixing with Coke Cola, the smell of Kush filling the air, and the sounds of first time students realizing they no longer live at home.

The college year is upon us. The local stores are beginning to restock like a Walgreens during the holidays. The other night I was at the grocery stores buying my Shredded Wheat when this kid that was 17 years old stepped in front of me to get a box too. But then he stopped and looked at the box of Coco Puffs. You could see the thought process as he realized he was shopping with his mom and dad. He put down the Shredded Wheat and picked up the Coco Puffs. I can imagine when he walked down that aisle proudly with his Coco Puffs, that he was thinking to himself "I'm in college. I am a man."

Welcome to adulthood kids. Be sure to not blow all your money on Coco Puffs. Oakey Dokey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home