After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Is brown good for a wedding?

When I moved to Arcata I left some of my nicer clothes with my mom because I had no reason (or room) to bring everything with me. I took one pair of decent pants and a few nice shirts. With my friend's, Mike, wedding two and a half weeks away I have been thinking about what to wear. I called my mom to send me some of my nicer clothes (which I haven't worn in two years...ha!) to me. What she sent was two brown shirts, two brown pants, two brown ties, and black shoes (and she forgot the jacket). I know the wedding is in Lake Tahoe, but I don't want to blend in with the surroundings. I'll have to improvise a suit. I talk to the groom today, and for the first time since I have known him he is quite nervous and showing it (His personality tends to be sarcasm, even when he is wrong...sort of like how Kevin Smith is in front of the camera.) But he is excited he is getting married, which he should be considering the amount of money that is going into this wedding. The guest list is big. I think this will be the second biggest wedding I've been to since living in California. (The first had 400 people!). And considering this is in Lake Tahoe, and outdoor wedding with an indoor reception, several parites starting the Thursday before the Saturday party, I'd be nervous too. But they are both good people, and the gal he is marrying is a sweetheart! (She puts up with his comicbook fetish, but even she puts her foot down on some stuff! You go girl!!).

I wish them both the best!

P. S. I'll do the Chicken Dance, the Electric Slide, and the Cha Cha Slide, but I will not do the Macarena!!!!

"When I'm with you,
It doesn't matter where we are,
or what we're doing,
I'm with you that's all that matter." ~ Robert Lamm (aka. Chicago)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home