After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Fear and Loathing in Arcata

This summer has been my summer to get caught up with casual reading. Clearly I've been reading Hunter Thompson stuff, which I've been wanting to do for a decade now, and I'm glad I have, in a way I wish I would've written him a fan letter (which he would've burned, but who cares). This will be my last blog for a while, I'm off to do a few trips which is good because I think I'm burnt out on Humboldt County right now.

My backyard up here is a hugh National Park (Redwood Park) with many miles of trails which I go up and down on. Recently, on one of the trails, I can upon a wooden building. It's the Redwood Natural Science building, but the structure reminds me of another building from back home. I can't think of it, but every time I do I get this over-whelming sense of Deja Vu. Which I enjoy, as you get older it's fun to think of the old times, at least the good old times. Considering this should be my last year as a "under-classman" it's good to look back at the life before this one.

Ok, I think I have 6 blogs where I talk about the same thing, getting older/looking back. I really can't wait for school to start.

But I will say this, I think I'm at the big crossroad. Everyone I know is married or getting married. It's not that I'm loseing friendships, but my friends are now moving on with their lives. In college I'm 99% sure I won't meet girls since I'm over 10 years older then then average student. If I was to go back to LA, I'd still have friends, but they too have other priorities. My last trip to LA I almost had to bend over backwards to see some of those people. I'm a bit use to it though. Like San Jose before LA and St. Louis before that. Heck, when I was in Santa Cruz, none of my "friends" made time for me. Eh, but I'm use to being alone. God bless TV!

This is probably the only downer about going back to college. These people have their own lives they are just discovering. They want to have fun in their 20's with people in their 20's. It goes for friends I have in their 40's. They want to hang out and have fun, but by 10pm they want to be at home.

With that said. This should be the end of the "Why Me" crap. When I come back, it'll be me and a bunch of 20 year olds telling me with wrong with the world.....yeah!

Take care.

"Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,
I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to." ~B. Dylan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home