After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Friday, July 28, 2006

The dumb I can't get off my back.

Everywhere I move, no matter how different the town or environment is, I seem to find the same people around me. I mostly do it to myself. However, this time I think God is reminding me I have some sins in my past.

I have a neighbor, we'll just call him "winner". At the age of 26 he seems to lack a bit of life experience. Normally, I can look past that in a person, expect when they are using that..."charm?" in my personal space. College will be starting up again in 4 weeks and students are moving in. On the other side of me a girl has moved in. Now "winner" wants a girlfriend, I know this because he tells me every other sentence he speaks to me. Then he follows it up with the last time he was with a girl, which then tells me it isn't a girlfriend he wants, but....Ya get it?
So my neighbor introduces herself to us, trying to be nice and offering us bear claws. "Winner" is talking to her, because he is too busy scannering her like a bar code as he looks up and down her.

*Note: I never get embarrassed, and yet I think this is the first time I really was self-conscious since my parents found out how my grades were in 2nd grade!*

He saids directly to her "You have a big toe", both the girl and I have no idea what he is talking about. I guess her second toe is bigger then her first. He then begins to follow it up with the "Standard" questions guys ask girls. I don't think she was too happy considering she just moved here. So we both removed ourselves with the silliest excueses we could come up with. (I had to call each family member to make sure they were ok from the heat.) I forgot her's, but it doesn't matter. I have a feeling this is only Act 1 of a new drama. *ugh*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home