After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Monday, August 21, 2006

First day of school

After a two week break, which I will cover in a three part blog tomorrow, school has started and I am in the thick of it. Monday's are my longest day. From 8am till 6pm I am on campus. Normally, this might be a bit much but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is pumping me up to push through.
My college friends are already giving me the updates on their lives with relationships lost and found, places traveled, new places they live (which I am still in "the cave"). It is a world of difference from being "A stranger in a strange world". And tonight one of my college peeps (I love that word, "peep", heh heh) and I are seeing James Brown in concert. Now why the Godfather of Soul is in the middle of the redwood forest is beyond me, but I'll take what I can get. I just got my Jane Goodall tickets so I am excited to see a few good talkers too!
Not going to write too much now, but tomorrow I expect to get started on the "10 day/10,000 miles" posts.

"Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about"
~J. Sebastian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home