After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hops on Humboldt

I was going to write about my first week in school (and the major choas around here), however I just came back from "Hops on Humboldt", which is the rednecks answer to wine tasting. From noon till six pm, 60 local brewers bring 3 or4 of their best beer and ales. For $20 bucks you can drink all the beer you want. It was a good turn out, but out of the many college students there most were from my major. Yes, elementary teachers drink beer better then the local teamesters and lumberjacks. This was also a rare first that this event had no hippies. When it comes to beer festivals the red neck rules. As I write this, at 12:30am, I have been partying like with the college kids. They passed out, ahh those young kids, so I walked "far"(but it's better then driving). OK, I'm getting sleepy now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home