After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Knowing your limits

Today I had my last final. It was without a doubt that easiest final I have ever taken. I mean the EASIST! I include Community College and High School! I finished it in a record 25 min. I have never been sooooooo happy. After the final the class was talking and smiling about how we have one semester left. It was great to see people smile again.

This really was the most difficult semester, but it wasn't because of school as it was the two part time jobs. I might have mentioned this before, but I might have to do something about this next semester because there is no way I am going to lose as much time as I did from studying instead of unnecessary work (aka silly paperwork!).

But the subject title "Knowing your limits" has to do with my afternoon yesterday. I mentioned I have this neighbor who is super cool. She is also quite attractive (as every guy who walks by my door, including the mailman, points out), but I think this is a downer for her because she hasn't made too many friends. Guys seem to be intimidated by here (she is very smart, and is currently going for a PhD). For the last few weeks we have been talking about running together...

...note, I have been working out. Now I've been working out on and off for a year now, but I don't have a steady schedule. However I have been trying to be steadier about it....

With that said, we bumped into each other and she said she was going running if I wanted to join her. I said yes. Now what I didn't know is she is training for a marathon (I think we all see where this is going).

To make a long story short, we took the trails in the park behind me (which is quite steep), and after a few miles I can hear my body saying "ARE YOU NUTS!" She wanted to take a longer route, so I told her to go on ahead and I'll meet her back at our apartment building. She was cool about it.

As I write this I am realizing this sounds like a bad episode of Friends. *Ugh*.

To make a long story short, we took the trails in the park behind me (which is quite steep), and after a few miles I can hear my body saying "ARE YOU NUTS!" She wanted to take a longer route, so I told her to go on ahead and I'll meet her back at our apartment building. She was cool about it.

As I write this I am realzing this sounds like a bad episode of Friends. *Ugh*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home