After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Well, I almost got excited

I hardly get post from other people so imagine my surprise that I find 5(!) posts under one of my blogs...however it was just an ad. Oh well, I guess that one moment near excitment was worth it.

I was about to write about loneliness, but I think it would be a bit dull. Instead, wtih a little help from Winkipedia, I will write the causes of loneliness and leave it at that.

Believing that "everyone else" has friends
Feeling embarrassed and self-conscious
Being in a crowd but not feeling part of the crowd
Feeling shy and scared
Experiencing low self-esteem
Feeling angry, defensive and critical
Feeling socially inadequate and de-skilled
Being convinced there is something wrong with you
Feeling disconnected and alienated from your surroundings
Feeling frightened and sad that no one knows how miserable and isolated you feel
Losing your capacity to be assertive
Feeling reluctant to attempt to change, or try new things
Feeling "empty", depressed, or even contemplating suicide

"I keep looking for a place to fit
Where I can speak my mind
I've been trying hard to find the people
That I won't leave behind" ~B. Wilson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home