After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Huge news week, and other excuses on why I am single

Democrates take D.C., Dubba kicks out Donald, Saddam get Death, Britney dumps KFed, and "I too nice".

That last part was just told to me this week. Relationships (the oldest topic known to man, just ask Adam and Eve) was the center of converstion yesterday, and of course my single ass was one of those sub-topics. The conclusion was that I am too nice a guy and need to be more aggressive...sadly, they aren't wrong.

I am having a case of Deja Vu as I write this, I might have talked about my single life and relationships before. However...

I know that confidence is the most attractive quality in a person, and when it comes to girls that is something I lack. I am good in social circles, but when it comes to one-on-one with a young lady I might like I become the biggest boob! I am afraid of rejection, like everyone else, however being in this school enviroment changes things to because I really don't want to date anyone young (remember the "20 is 20" blog!!!).

The topic was brought up because I live next store to this wonderful young lady (Ummm, Deja Vu again) who is an avid athlete and asked me to go running with her...I said "no". Why? I don't think I wanted to look silly trying to keep up with her, so I told her I'd slow her down. She seemed disappointed, and so was I. WHAT WAS I THINKING! It wasn't a date or anything! It was just running! How lame is that! I really have to think a little higher about myself. Really! I mean if I can't go running with someone how can I ask them to a movie or coffee!

I have to grow some unless I want to continue this very old trend!

"It's now or never" ~ E. Presley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home