After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Art class rules!

I think this is the first class I actually wake up early to attend. From 8-11am we just talk about Art and make stuff. Today we were marbleing paper (Sort of Tie-Dye). Finally, all my years of doodling in notebooks will pay off. If I wasn't so close to the end I might want to get a second B.A. in Art. It's just too fun a subject!

My big "Note to self" today is "Just because I will be a teacher, doesn't mean I have to act like one in class." My science teacher, who is a nice person, keeps treating us like we are kids (she was a grade school teacher herself). I don't think my other have caught on to this, but me and the person sitting next to me noticed her talking as if we are 8 years old. It's not bad, but it makes me cringe.

My college peers have their priorities down. They have all told me they have planned their 3-day weekend trips (Bay Area, Redding, Oregon, etc). I get a kick out of how everyone treats this weekend like it's the last time they'll be free for a while (which is true since Thanksgiving is 11 weeks away, and we have no days off.) One friend already called missed class today saying they were sick (they aren't). Ahhh, responsibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home