After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Friday, September 01, 2006

mad

I can think of the times I have been upset with people, and myself, the last few years. I think the "New Zealander" is the person I have been the most upset with, but that was half my fault for not seeing what was the plain truth in front of me. My boss betraying me but lying to my face pissed me off, but even there I could've just quit that job too instead of waisting a year of my life. Pretty much anytime I get mad at someone it's because I'm mad at myself. Making stupid choices, or choices I think will make me happy, but really won't. I guess, like everyone else I know, I wish for that secret pieces of happiness that does exist and will fall on our lap. Getting that dream job, meeting that right person, making enough money to live life like the media portrays us too. I get that life is real, and I get I whine a lot, but it's 99.9% of the time about dumb decisions I have made with my life. HOWEVER, for the first time I can remember I am actually mad at someone, and for once, it is not my fault.

Last year, my academic advisor and I sat down and looked at what I had to do. She assured me that all my GE's would stick. I asked her to double check. She jus assured me. (Once again, this is me doing what I do worst, and putting my trust in someone when I should just check myself. But surely a University academic advisor would not "assure" me of anything unless they were 100% correct themself.). I just learned yesterday that two of my classes from Community College are not eligble for my degree. I have a year left before I graduate, and now I'm being told that I have to tac on two more classes. I could handle a 6 class semester. I've done it twice now with positive results.

The problem is, these classes conflict with other classes I need to take next semester (aka, they over-lap time-wise). My chances of graduating this Spring just went from 99.9% to 25%. I have never felt so awful. I contacted my cloest friend up here to talk to her. She recommended I talk to the school administration directly. If things go my way, at its best, I have to do summer school one more time. My advisor, later, sent me an email saying how we had such a great talk and she thinks "I made the right decisions". (For those "in the know" I had a complete flashback to a certain Human Resource).

At worse, I' m here for another year, which isn't the end of the world, but I am at a point where I really want to make a real salary. I'm enjoying college, and the last two weeks have been full of adventures (half of which I need to put in a big butt blog!), but I think I've done all the "college" stuff I've wanted to do since I got went back for the most part. I'm ready to get back into the world (In case you thought I was going to write "It's time for me to grow up", well, you really don't know me do you!!!). Once again, I don't believe in "stupid people" but I do believe "people can be stupid". Get it?

"Christ you know it ain't easy,
You know how hard it can be.
The way things are going
They're going to crucify me." ~J. Lennon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home