After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Monday, January 22, 2007

The new semester!

Sadly, the new semester got off to a sad start. My neighbor, Kenny, who was a very nice kid, died on Christmas day. His little brother had gotten a remote control boat, but it broke in the middle of the lake. Kenny swam out to get it but ended up drowning. I never hung out with him, but we would talk if we bumped into each other. He had a great personality, even during finals (he never was dramatic about stress!). He was a good student and even was on the football team. He was a good guy who left us way too soon.

Meanwhile, my first week of school has been nutty. Since I had a CSET on Saturday I spent my nights studying for that. My new classes which include Children's Communications (with "DOC" one of my favorite Prof's! I had her this summer for Intercultural Studies. She is a great teacher.), Acting (It is sooooo easy that I am almost bored in that class, which usually means that I will probably start acting like a "ham", those "in the know" know what I mean, next class.) Parent/Child relations, which is really neat! I'm taking it for my job ($$$), but I like what I see, and I am a big Jonathan Kozol fan and we have to read a few of his books. The infamous "Capstone" class and observation (the final class on this journey to a degree!) Yee Haw!

And, coming this April, Surfing! Yes, Surfing. The #1 thing on my "Things I have to do in my life list." I've been telling myself that this was my last chance to learn to surf before the credital program so I am not about to blow it. I am really looking forward to it!!!!!

Overall, this is probably going to be my favorite semester since I have professors or subjects I really enjoy. Really, I find having a month off really is a bit too much. I notice a lot of my peers came back early so they can get ready to wrap up school as well. I agree, but it was still nice to have that time off.

Oh, and three days after I graduate this May I'm off to China! I got my graduation gift early! More on that later though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home