After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Date.............................sorta/kinda/somewhat/not really

And not with the "baseball" girl. She was a no show at the party. So Que Sera, Sera.

However, there was another girl who I've known for a while. She is nice, but crazy. No, I'm not putting her down. She's crazy, she'll be the first to tell you. But we had a great conversation and decided to have dinner yesterday. So I "Suited Up", picked her up, and went to (and this is my favorite part!) "The Ritz." Quite possibly the best Sushi restaurant north of San Fran, and considering I miss Sushi basdly it was great to have some. And it was good!!! Damn good! Anywho, it was a nice evening. She, btw, is 26, so it was adult conversation (which is something else I now realize I truly miss!) The restaurant had some great music (Bob Marley, of course, just a reminder I still live in Humboldt.) It was a fun night. Afterwards we walked around old town (I'll explain "old town" in a moment. We then went to this coffee house and hung out and talked about LA from an outsiders perceptive. She is the first person to speak positively about LA. She brought up some great points why LA is a great town. She's from this neck the central valley (aka, Central California, near Sacarmento) from a little town, but she's been around the state and lived in LA a bit. By 9:30pm we were both tired and called it a night. I took her home, she invited me in and I said hi to her roommates (who I know), and hung out for a bit, then left. No goodnight kiss, but that's ok. I think she will be just a friend anyway. But it was nice to play my age for a night.

Before I wrap up that thought, let me tell you about "old town." If you have done any travelling then you know that every town has a center. Eureka has this very cool old town (surrounded by a pit of Meth Addicts and people doing whatever they can to get by.) I try to go there the first Saturday of every month for "Arts Alive" when all the local artist around the area display their art work. No, the art work is at MoMa standard, but once in a while you will see a piece which is really cool. It's as close to "big city living" as it gets up here.

Anyway, it was also fun to go out on a date (Not all dates have to end with a kiss). We'll probably hang out again (probably get more sushi!). But no, she will be just a friend. She's in a different mindset (literally) in her life right now. I'm not where she's at. Oh, "Why is she crazy?" She extremely outgoing. Now if you know me, you know I am not one to care what people think of me (and if you really know me, you know that that's not entirely true.), but her personality is a bit loud. A lot of people think she's "certified" crazy (*ahem*, the "college" age kids), but she isn't. She, like most everyone else I know, has issues (aka "The Normal"), but I didn't see that last night. I had a great time with a friend.


"Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera" ~Doris Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home