After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Playdoe! And the return of "the radar"

Here's the scenerio: The children were restless, they didn't want to go out. At the last minute, I see it out of the corner of my eye....PLAYDOE!

I don't think I've played with playdoe since I was 7 years old! I forgot the funky acidy/moist smell, the sticky mud texture, and the way it can get in your fingernails. It was awesome. It was without a doubt my shot in the arm I needed to get through this pressure cooker week. It's funny to think after next week I am 1/3 through the semester. Crazy! But for 20 minutes today, while I was working on my blue and yellow playdoe pizza, I forgot about the fact I am a college senior.

Meanwhile, something weird is going on around me. At first, I thought it was just people being freindly, but now I'm realizing something strange is happening. People are curious how I am, not so much healthwise, but what I am doing personally. If I didn't know better, I would say I am being set up...for a "hook up. In other words, I think someone out there likes me, and has told my friends (who are friends, but not super close friends), and so they are trying to find out more about me.

The friends I have made up here are good folks, but I haven't really gotten to know them too well or have they gotten to know me. It is fishey. With that said, I am dusting off my old "radar" which I haven't used in quite a number of years (really, in college you don't need one, and when you are over 10 years older then the average college kid YOU DON'T NEED ONE.) I'm curious, I am probably getting my hopes up, once again (nasty habit), but I think I am long overdue for one of these "adventures" as I call them. However, I have learned my lesson. No games, no goofy crap, or any of that silly self-destructive stuff. Just a fun time.

We'll see. Keep in mind I just played with playdoe today, so I am in a carefree mood right now!

"Hey, what's your name? Do you feel the same way too?" ~Fugazi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home