After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I am a boob

Probably the only piece of advice my father gave me about women was "Be a good student, because when it comes time to take a test who do you think the girls are going to want to study with." (He told me this when I was starting in high school...clearly, life took me in several different directions then what he had in mind.)

I just got an email from a girl asking how I was doing on my project. I know the girl well, but not really well. But what's worse is I have no frickin clue what project she is talking about!!! I have spent the better part of 20 minutes going over all my notes and calling a fellow student just trying to figure out what she is talking about (the student was no help either). The class isn't till Tuesday, but I feel like I am starting to get disorganized with school. I was going to do a clean job this weekend. But yesterday was a jam packed day (for a later blog), and today I just layed in bed and watch the final season of Arrested Development, which I hadn't seen yet. (The season starts off very weak, but those last 5 episodes are pure gems. Some great laughs.)

So why am I over-reacting. Because of the girl who is asking about how I'm doing...duh! ("It's always a dame" ~ H. Bogart) She is a bit of a genius, so I'll take the help. But heaven forbid if I am going to go work on a project with someone without having a clue on what I am suppose to be working on.

This just popped into my head. This is my first bit of drama this school year, and of course it's all in my mind. I guess no matter who you are (and no, "drama" is not a western culture thing, just read about Genghis Khan!) I guess drama is just a part of who you are. Not knowing what other people are thinking about you, and having all sorts of wild ideas on why they like you or hate you. And in the end, it's all about wanting acceptance by that person you really don't know too well. Weird.

Ok, back to work!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

I say, bite the bullet and just ask her - honestly, the sooner the better. If there really is a project you want to get it done!

12:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home