After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Here's the pitch, it's a curve ball, he swings and...

foul tip! He touched the ball but it wasn't a hit. Strike two.

The night started with me dressing up in an 80's theme outfit. That was the birthday party theme. I decided to go the Miami Vice route, while everyone else went the Olivia Newton John from her music video "Physical", or a psudo "Fast Times at Richmond High" meets "Square Pegs" look. (Everyone thought they were from "the Breakfast Club".......not even close.)

Anywho, I decided to play it safe on a few levels. First, I knew about 85% of the people at the party (I had no idea I have become that big a partier, but that's a story for later), but I only told two people about the girl so I could have back-up. Smart. Then it was a matter of trying to talk to the person (Because really, you have to talk to people to get to know them.) She arrived. I waited for her to say hi to the birthday girl, and one or two friends. Then she saw me and walked over to say "hi". Then I did something smart. Nothing! No stories about me, no LA, no back-story drama, it was prefect. I was cool. So why am I calling this a strike? Well, as a stated before you can't talk to one person when two people are looking at you. She brought a friend. And they knew about 5% of the people there, and weren't as social. I brought in my friends (that were in ""the know),and introduced them, then opened up the converstion a bit. Still, it wouldn't matter. I stepped away after a while so I could socialize elsewhere. I talked to a female friend about it. The problem wasn't me (for once!!!!!!!!!), the real problem was they were bored. The party wasn't that great. They weren't really drinking, or doing much of anything. And you could see they just wanted to go home. So they did, and they gave me a ride home because I had a few, and didn't want to drive.

Which brings up the question, "I thought this girl had a crush on you?" And maybe she does, however, maybe she doesn't know what to do either. Who knows? (Well, she does. And I am talking about college kids. It's different then people outside college.) And since I have been stuck with my 102 temp, dry cough and bloody nose (a story for later) all week, I have no F*ing clue! So, my plan is to do nothing till I see the girl, and then talk to her like I would anyone else, and if something comes from it, then it will. A simple plan, but one that I hardly do...which is probably why I'm single in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home