After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

He swings, and strike one.

One must remember that "20" means "20". It doesn't matter how mature or smart "20" is because it is still "20." My own non-20 mind might be a kid at heart, heck, I can still party like I'm "20", and act like I'm "10", but sometimes I get that reminder that I am neither. I knew it was a strike when an "old person" joke was made at my expense. From there I switched to wallflower mode and just drank till I knew it was time to make my exit. Sadly, today I will be seeing more "20" all day today. So this isn't over.

On a completely different note, I know see why California can't get decent teachers. For years people think it's the money, the kids, the schools. Nope, it's becoming a teacher that kills it! Even after I get my B.A. I have to do a year of school to get my teaching credital...HOWEVER, I have learned I don't get it, I have to teach another two years after that to get my credital. So, let's take a step back and look at this. 4 years of college plus 1 credital year plus another 2 years of teaching to become a teacher equals 7 years. Now in other states, like New York, they require a teacher to have a M.A. in Education as well. So now let's add another year, that's 8! I could get a M.D, PhD, or Law Degree (jobs that all pay well over the $100,000 level minimum where teaching hits $100,000 maximum.) Our silly society just have to complicate every frickin little detail.

Back to the topic at hand. I think this just more proof that if I was to go into a serious relationship it has to be with someone over 25. Someone who has been in the real world. Still, right now it's all about the fun.

"Old man look at my life. I'm a lot like you were." ~N. Young

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home