After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Passed CBEST!

That's one! Next is the CSET in two weeks! It's funny how everyone kept saying the CBEST is an easy test, but sadly the person who I spent hours studying with did not pass. I feel bad because she is afraid to tell her folks. They will offer the test again in a few months so she can try again. But, to be selfish, I am very happy I passed! One more thing to cross off the list!!!

I have gone from knee deep to neck deep in school work the last few weeks. However, I did give myself a fun weekend to get my mind off of things. Friday, a group of us (illegally) went onto a farmer's corn field around midnight and played flashlight tag. The farmer made a corn maze, but it closes at sunset, so wearing all black we had our own fun. The college kids were afraid the boogey man would get them (as opposed to being afraid of a farmer with a shotgun, as I was). It was fun though. Saturday I did a "Bay Area" run (and was very tired from the night before, mind you) and went to the Bridge Concert Benefit (Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews Band, Brian Wilson, Trent Reznor...you get the idea), and got to enjoy some great music. I also enjoyed the near 80 degree weather! Sunday I got back home, and hit the books.

I have one Halloween party on Friday night I'm going to, and I think that will be it for parties. I am starting to feel the stress of school on me. It's the first real stress I have had in quite a few years (this isn't "test/quiz/finals" stress, this is getting into the credital program and making sure that GPA stays above 3.0 till I am completely done!), but it's also a good stress because there is a payoff in the end.

Ha! I just got an email, my first class is cancelled tomorrow because the Prof. has to do jury duty! Woo Hoo!!! The "system" finally pays off! Take that hippies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home