After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The packet is done

And at noon tomorrow I will turn in my application for the credital program. Now the real fun begins.

Tomorrow is a potluck with my student's parents. Thursday is movie night (I guess I should see "The Queen"). Friday is the teacher of the year. Saturday Birthday party. Sunday, study, study, study. So the college social life is back. Which is good because I want to enjoy the next few months as well as get the heck outta here.

Hotel rooms in the county are starting to fill up for Graduation weekend (there aren't that many up here.)

However, today's drama came from a professor who I asked to write me a letter or recommendation. What she wrote was...bad. It was heartbreaking because I have connected more with this professor then with any other. She has been depressed lately. I told her she didn't have to write me a letter but she insisted. What I got instead was a letter, that...well...I don't know if I should rewrite it. It's in a 16 font and is only one page long. The first sentence goes like this...


"Uncomfortable though this is for me, I must confess to a terrible block in my ability to write letters or recommendation for credital program candidates."

And it goes downhill from there, with the cherry on the sunday being she completely mispelled my name. *sigh*, I really wish then she just didn't write it. I guess she felt bound to, but I would've understood. I feel a bit bad. I will talk to her (I know I will bump into her tomorrow), but I can not use the letter she wrote for a recommendation. She meant well, and she was trying to be a friend. I guess Nuff' said then.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rule!!

12:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home