After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Paradox

When I look back at my life I think about my last year in living in Missouri. I was in high school getting ready to graduate, and while my peers were planning trips to Florida or Padre Island, Texas to celebrate I was going to Russia. I kind of remember the last party where all the high school kids were together. For some of us, who had known each other since we were five years old (and some even younger then that), it was the last time we'd see each other till the high school reunion, and even then half of us didn't show up.

As I begin to get to the end of college I begin to see similar signs happening. After I graduate I'm off to China. Probably the best friend I have made up here as been MW, her and her husband Mr.Z have been great people to know. MW and I are both ten years older then the average student so we could laugh about how silly these kids are and how they are going to learn things the hard way (since they didn't want to hear our advice...Of course, youth never listens to those who came before). MW just told me her and Mr.Z are moving to Sonora in a few months. I'm happy for them both, but I have to be a bit selfish and be sad for myself.

I wrote once about how you don't keep in touch with certain circle of friends once that circle is broken up. Southern California has been proving me right more and more everytime I visit it. I seem to keep two or three friends from my journey around the world. Which I guess is two or three more then the previous journey. So I guess I wouldn't change the direction of where this this new chapter of life has taken me since I suspect it is beginning to wrap up and the new chapter will begin when I come back from China.

Wait, I take that back. There is one thing I would change. But that is something I can't do alone.


"It's already written that today will be one to remember." ~S. Winwood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home