After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Mighty 100!

100 days and counting. And it became real today when someone mentioned to me that most of the hotel rooms in Humboldt County are booked up! (I forgot when a college is the biggest employer for a whole county certain big events are going to create a stir!)

This weekend includes my first real homework, my first true study time (Got a test on Monday), and my first peaceful time (with the packet turned in, a weight has been lift off my shoulders!).

I think my strange story of the week comes from last night's parent pot-luck. It wasn't so much that I didn't have fun, eat a lot of good food, and got paid for it. The parent didn't talk to me as much as I thought. It comes down to two reasons. 1. Because I am a male teacher and they don't know what to make of it, or 2. They don't know what to make of a male teacher. The parents didn't talk to the teachers too much, but I felt a bit more "odd man out." The parents treat me ok when I see them one on one.

A group of people (the people who played flashlight tag with me at the corn maze back on a lovely October night) want me to play flashlight tag with them tomorrow in the forest. However, the "teacher of the year" speaks tomorrow and I'd rather hear her speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home