After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

BAULULLA!

When I do my top ten lists I usually work on them through out the year. One of the lists I am making for April is the "Ten most fascinating people I have ever met", and well, I met someone who makes the top 3 yesterday. His name is Chris, he's a part-time professor and full time student. And he can speak 14 languages, several of which are fluent. It was amazing to hear him go from German to Chinese. He learned Bulgarian on a flight to New Zealand (I am really! Who wants to learn Bulgarian!) He had a lot of funny stories, he grew up in Utah and just loves to study language.

The subject title "Baululla" mean "not wonderful" in Mandarin (changed a bit for English speakers), but it's a cool work to say. And it works for me as a teacher to say instead of any of the naughty words.

In case you want to learn it. It's Ba-u-lul-la, not a wonderful thing. (Heh, I almost quoted the Lion King in that last sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home