After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Back to "the college normal"

This was my first "college" weekend. On Friday I hung out with my neighbors and watched "Waking Life" (A decent movie, if you are a fan of "What the Bleep Do We Know!" then you will like it). Saturday night was college party after college party. It's sort of funny to bump into my fellow teachers at parties. We talk about education, but we gossip about how we would improve it if we were in charge. Actually what is really funny is when I see the teachers with all their piercing! At school they only wear earrings (one girl keeps her nose ring on). Also, I have to say teachers do know how to party. We don't go out and drink that often, but it seems when we really do we will put these local lumberjacks to shame!

At one of the parties some college kids were playing "Street Fighter". Now while I am a big kid at heart there are some things I don't do that certain peers I know do. I know adults (some that are even older then me) who collect comic books, action figures, and video games. I haven't played Street Fighter in over a decade, (Hell, I haven't played video games in nearly a decade...karaoke not included). I must say I can see the addiction. Once I started playing it was soooo much fun.

One of the parties was for a friend who just finished school last semester and leaves for Spain this Saturday. This would be the second person I know that has moved to Europe, last year I had a girl who moved to Italy to play professional softball and now works at an art museum on the off season. (That's hella cool!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home