After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

The St. Valentine Top Ten List

School is crazy, and this was one of my more difficult weeks.


Erin Lee's Top Ten Favourite Male Artists (who are still alive):
1. Jonny Lang
2. Paolo Nutini
3. Jamie Cullum
4. James Morrison (check him out for sure! Wonderful World and Better Man are my fav songs)
5. Ray Lamontagne
6. Gavin DeGraw
7. Ludacris
8.T.I.
9. DJ Tiesto
10. John Legend

Top 10 movies of 2006
1. United 93
2. Letters from Iwo Jima
3. A Scanner Darkly
4. Babel
5. The Departed
6. The Queen
7. The Good Shepard
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. Pan's Labyerith
10. Thank you for smoking

Top 10 animals the pre-school students love to talk about
1. Rabbits (Go figure)
2. Cows
3. Lions
4. Dog (mostly a personal pet)
5. Pigs
6. Sharks
7. Horses
8. Cats (also mostly a personal pet)
9. Ducks
10. Elephants

Top ten (or eleven) inventors of common things
1. Margaret Knight- Flat-Bottomed Paper Bag
2. William Painter- Crown Bottle Cap
3. Whitcomb Judson- Zipper
4. Johan Vaaler- Paper Clip
5 Cecil Booth- Vacuum Cleaner
6. Jacques Brandenberger- Cellophane
7. Wallace Hume Carothers- Nylon
8. Carlton Mage/Gerald Hale- Parking Meter
9. Sylvan Goldman- Shopping Cart
10. George De Mestral- Velcro

Top Ten "Dear Abby" most unusual problems
1. I'm a bus driver and want some information on how to become a shephard.
2. I want to have a child but don't even have a boyfriend. Can you line me up with somebody?
3. I hear there is life after death. If that is true, can you put me in touch with my Uncle LeRoy Albert from Victoria, Texas?
4. WIll you please send me all the information you have on the rhythm method? I'm learning how to dance.
5. I'm a 50 year old widow and my doctor says I need a husband or the equivalent. Would it be all right?
6. My husband burns the hair out of his nose with a lighted match. And he thinks I'm crazy because I voted for Goldwater.
7. I can't trust my husband. He cheats so much I'm not even sure my last baby is HIS.
8. I've been married only three months and ever since our honeymoon our sex life had become anonymous.
9. Is it okay for the mother in law of the bride to give her a shower? She could sure USE one.
10. I heard there's a sex revolution going on. Can you tell me where it is and how to get there?

Top ten most underrated pleasures
1. Floating in the ocean
2. Afternoon Cocktails
3. Sleeping in
4. The foot massage
5. Making out in the rain
6. Dirty Dancing
7. Reading in a hammock
8. Candlelit bath for two
9. Sitting in silence
10. Uncontrollable laughter


And while I'm on the subject of pleasures


Top ten pleasureable things to do before you die
1. Go on an adventure vacation by yourself. You'll learn about yourself.
2. Fall passionately in love. Emotional safety isn't all it's cracked up to be.
3. Visit the tropics with a lover. Whether it lasts or not, you'll always remember.
4. Camp out in the desert. Escape from civilzation and clarity will come.
5. Ride in a hot air balloon. But don't jump up and down.
6. Spenda week at a retreat. Enjoy the sheer indulgence.
7. Throw yourself a spectacular birthday party. It doesn't have to be a big, just grand.
8. Assemble a photo album of your life. You'll see that your life has a story.
9. Have a portrait of yourself done. Everyone should be immortalized for posterity.
10. Let go of the past. It's there to remember, not to cling to.

Top ten oddest jobs
1. Ant catcher
2. Back washer
3. Ball Picker (Think Golf Courses)
4. Boner (Inserting stays for garmets, sicko!)
5. Bosom Presser
6. Brain Picker
7. Can Catcher (Think "I Love Lucy" only cans instead of candy)
8. Egg Smeller
9. Fish Housekeeper
10. Santa Clause impersonator

Top ten greatest children novels
1. Tom Sawyer
2. Huckleberry Finn
3. Treasure Island
4. Oliver Twist
5. Harry Potter (series)
6. Swiss Family Robinson
7. A Tale of Two Cities
8. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
9. Lord of the Ring (series)
10. The Story of Babar

Top 10 most original movies ever made
1. Citizen Kane
2. 2001:A Space Odyssey
3. Freaks
4. Eraserhead
5. Au Hasard Balthazar
6. The Wizard of Oz
7. Breathless
8. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
9. My Dinner with Andre
10. The Seventh Seal



Top 10 movies franchises I am just sick of!

10 way tie. I am sick of all movie franchises. Let's make some original movies already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home