After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Back in full college mode

Ok, after a very rough few weeks I am clearly in the mindset for college. I can say that because it is 9:45pm, I am doing my homework, and have had 4 hours of sleep the last 2 days.

Why?

Yesterday, around 8:30pm I was at a friends house talking about school stuff. I get a phone call "BRENT DENNEN IS IN TOWN." Now if you are all asking who? It would be this guy...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=16338693

Who was really good in concert. I guess John Mayer said in the recent Rolling Stones that this was his favorite performer currently (and I can see why!) The guy had that John Mayer/Jack Johnson singer/songwriter groove. But he had some great covers (Everything from the Police to Prince), and his solo stuff wasn't too bad either.

I've been a good boy this year. It's been the last few days where I am acting, once again, like I am 19. The bar where it was at is very much an LA style setting bar, where they decorate their dinners and overcharge. I started drinking red wine and dancing with the kids. Lots of fun by all.

The show ended at 11:30 and I walked my friend home. We hung out at her house and talked about stuff (the whole "Why are things the way they are, and why can't things change"). It ended up being 2:00am, which isn't good since I had to help open at my job at 8:00am. I got home, went to sleep, just to be awoken by my neighbor and his girlfriend (Yes, they were doing "That!").

Overall, college is kicking in with more shows coming up. Once again, I feel like 19 year old college student, one who gets tired a little more quickly, but still it's fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home