After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

"One that fails consistently, especially a person with bad luck or poor skills"

That would be the definition of a "loser" on that title line.

As I last posted, some of my "peers" wanted to see my yearbook. And now they have. I think we all consider ourselves "dumb" when we are in high school. My joke about high school is "I wasn't a nerd. I was THEE nerd." And now I can see why.

They look at my yearbook, and the first question I get is "So where are you pictures?" "I only have the one posed pic." I respond. "Who did you date, or did any girls date you?" My response, "I didn't. Again, nerd!" After another minute they book the year book down. I picked it up to look at it. And then I was asked "So did you take any girls to homecoming or prom?" "I did to prom, but she did it as a favor to her friend, who was going with my friend at the time. And they went home around midnight." In which, they responded. "Wow, that's just sad." "Yep." I thought to myself.

I haven't looked at my yearbook since 2001 when I went to a highschool chum's wedding. High school, as I mentioned in one of my eariler posts, is a crappy place where everyone is a loser because we are just trying to act like each other...or "they" were. I just wanted to do my own thing. *ugh*, I'm in my 30's and I'm talking about high school on a blog. Geez!

The one upside, for myself anyway, is I left my hometown and moved to Cali. Over 90% of my class still lives in St. Louis. I think two famous phrases, the first is the classic line from the movie Almost Famous, "You'll meet them all again on their long journey to the middle," which is what pretty much happen to them. The second is "You can't go home again," which is true for the most part, but why would you want to. The past has passed, and the present is upon you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home