After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Tutoring

I had my first real meeting tonight for my tutoring job. It went pretty well. I was nearly nervous, but I was quite happy once I started in on the jokes (if you know me, you know "the jokes"). So not school is in full session. Jobs are at full steam and this time tomorrow I can put a wrap on week 3 of school. One small problem with the turor job is I have more students that need tutoring than I have tutors. So I need to do a big recruitment campaign next week. I need to set up a table at the place known as "The J" where the freshman, sophmores, and folks who can't cook eat their lunch. Work work work.

Also, I can't really talk about my job at the pre-school, but I notice I am such a dad! The boys listen to me more then the girls. Whenever the kids get out of line I feel like I have to have "The talk". I must try this with the college kids next time they step out of line.

On a cool note, some students said they wish I would be there teacher, and hope I live up here so I can teach their kids. Pretty much the best compliment I have ever had.

Ahhh, to end on a high note!


"Well if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free be free
'Cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are"~ C. Stevens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home