After living up and down the California Coast. I am starting my second career as an Elementary School Teacher.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

XM and a way to get rid of telemarketers.

To start with the later, a telemarketer called me an hour ago to pitch a time share. For years I have been coming up with all sorts of bullshit excuses, but now I have the most effective one. All I said, after they got in a few words, was "I'm a college student" and boy were they turned off by me. Now I want telemarketers to call me so I can waist THEIR time. Maybe I can read them some of my blogs so they can spend a little time trying to get me off the phone since I ain't buying shit!

Something I forgot to mention during my 10 day/10,000 mile blog. I flew United because I am trying to rack up frequent flyer miles, anyway they have XM radio. And I must say XM has the best "ad men" in the world. Every radio station has a hip little name to it (e.g. If you like early 90's rock you can go to the station called "Lucy", if your child wants to here their music you can play "Watercolors" for that Spongebob fix, etc. etc) The best one is XM's overall subject line "Join the XM nation!" Wow! I now really feel out of the loop. I've only been on myspace for 10 month, I don't have an ipod much less ivideo, itunes, or iCaptain crunch. Now I have to join the XM nation? Crap! I guess I'll just have to be a person not "i"ntouch with the rest of the 21st century for a little while longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home